Tuesday, May 27, 2008

COMPASSION

After being in this big, bad world for so long, you forget we started out as semi-good, kind beings. Yesterday I watched David & the 18 month old girl play. She's been here about a year, so they are not strangers, but for some reason they just realized the other exists in their little world.
The Girl is given to unknown fits. She will just lie down and start to scream. When she pitches one of her little fits & I know there is nothing wrong with her, I just let her lay there and have it out. So yesterday when she did this, David walked over to her and started patting her head & saying, "no cry, it's OK, no cry". Then he got down on his knees & patted her back saying it's OK.
Then he offered her his pacifier. It made my heart swell knowing the Boy had compassion at 2 yrs old. It's times like this you want to remember when they are 13 & seem not to care.
I do love that boy!
______________________________
Next I will tell you how he beaned said 18 month old with a nerf ball for trying to take his portable DVD player with Backyardagans in it! I still love him.

6 comments:

Torina said...

Awww, what a sweetie :)

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

This reminds of many years back,when I was sick and my then toddler daughter tried to give me her pacifier-"Binky".So sweet.

Anonymous said...

You can tell by looking at him that he's a sweet boy with a rotten streak! I love the compassion of little ones...it's so honest.

Anonymous said...

You can tell by looking at him that he's a sweet boy with a rotten streak! I love the compassion of little ones...it's so honest.

Kellie with an "ie" said...

What a dear sweet boy you're raising!

Anita said...

He's a darling boy!