Thursday, July 15, 2010

MEET THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE FAMILY




The Boy has been watching G-force a little too much. Like over and over and over.
He of course wanted a Guinea pig. I explained to him that reeeaaalll Guinea pigs didn't talk or pull off secret missions or any of the things the one's on G-force did. He informed me he knew that, his brain told him that already!!! (he's a smart boy) I'll have to watch for that later on.
Anyway, we went on a field trip to visit the real thing at a pet store. I thought if he actually saw one up close he'd change his mind. He didn't. He swore on a stack of Bibles he would feed it-water it-clean up after it-& love it forever, amen. Yeah right, this ain't my first rodeo. I've heard that like 9 million times.
Too bad for him three older sisters proceed him.
But I didn't cave this time...I let daddy do it. I told him if Daddy brought him back to the pet store and said he could have one, he could have it. Fortunate for him, I knew would Daddy fold like a cheap suit! So last night Daddy & Boy came home with a cute little guinea pig plus large cage. At first the Boy was inclined to go with the oh so original name: guinea pig. Then he wanted to watch G-force to see what the names of the guinea pigs were on there. He didn't like those either. Then we noticed a tiny white spot on top of his head (the guinea pig, not the Boy) He then proclaimed the guinea pig would be called...are you ready? Spot-Spot.
Not being inclined to watch G-force for umteenth time, we said that was the perfect name for our new family member.
I found him this morning with his hand in the cage. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm letting Spot-Spot smell my hand, that's how he knows we're his family and we love him".
Ummmmm, I don't know about you, but I'd rather find different ways to identify family members. I think I'd take hear-say over hand smelling. :)
You can click on the picture to get a better view of Spot-Spot!

1 comment:

Kellie with an "ie" said...

My 4-year-old creative self named my brand new rabbit Bun Bun, so I LOVE the name Spot Spot. Congratulations on the newest family member!