Monday, April 06, 2009

.....and scrape me off again!

Baby Weepy became sicker over the weekend. His ear pointed straight foreward from all the fluid buildup and continued to have high fevers. Lucky me, I knew this was a little something called mastoiditis. I wont bore you with the details. Let's just say he's a sick boy. I had been told last Thursday the Dr's surgery schedule was booked almost to the end of the month.
I took him in this morning to let the dr tell me what I already knew, but he needed to be aware the kid was going down hill fast. Before I even seen the Dr, the tech came and said, "oh, I had a note to call you today and tell you his surgery has been scheduled for this Wed.!!" That's right, day after tomorrow!
I hate getting up at the crack of dawn for a surgery I know will not happen for 2 or 3 more hours, but I'll have to grin and bear it. Because that's pretty great news! He really couldn't have lasted very much longer. His ears are FULL of infection.
Thank God it happened so fast and without me having to beg & plead.
Two things going perfectly...I don't know if I can handle it.

2 comments:

Mothering4Money said...

I hope he is able to heal quickly from the surgery and finally get completely well. Too much for him to endure in such a short time, but thank goodness they actually came though in a decent amount of time so that he could get the help he needs. Kudos to you for taking such great care of him. I'm sure you are missing work again and hope that they understand the situation. Take care!

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Bless his heart.And what a sweet person you are for seeing him through.