Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Virus' & Bacteria..oh MY

If you have kids in school or day care, you KNOW.
It seems like they are a breeding ground for all things virus or bacteria.
I call daycare the "boiling cauldron of virus' "
After I started doing foster care and my kids went to daycare I learned very quickly I had to do
something to keep all the mystery virus' and yuck at bay. Or I would never be able to work.
http://www.momcentral.com/ asked me to participate in their blog campaign for Clorox.
Which I was more than happy to do. Because without Clorox, we would be the "house of sick" alll the time.
Here are a few things I do around here to keep the virus' down that are carried home on a regular basis.
-I fill the sink with hot water & add 2 cups of Clorox (which cleans & sanitize my sinks) while that sits there, I wet a cloth in that water and:
-I wipe down all the high chairs
-put toys in there that can go in water
-wipe down the surfaces of jumpers, walkers, bumbo seats, ect.
-wipe down all the door knobs & door jams that little hands touch
-wipe down my dining room table and counters
-one of my best secrets...(nothing to do with virus') while away on vacation or just a weekend away I put about a cup of Clorox in each toilet bowl to keep anything from growing in there while away. You'll come home to a nice clean toilet bowl!

You can go here:
http://www.clorox.com/healthier_lives/article.php?subsection=new_moms&article_id=what_to_expect.

to find out more ways to keep your house yuck free. And of course just plain clean.


"I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Clorox and the What to Expect Guide and received a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate."

4 comments:

Kathy's Korner said...

I love the toilet idea!!

Clorox rocks!!

There wipes too are lifesavers to me. Nearly every time I'm in the bathroom with those little people...

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Great post!!!11CI like that you disclosed the connectioN between your post and clorox. Transparency and ethics and all that good stuff!!!!

I work at an elementary school and OY VEY - the germs that grow in a school...BLECH!!!!!!! When asked where I work, I often reply "In a petri dish!!!!"

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I love a person who can kill some cooties! Thanks for the tips!

the Provident Woman said...

I feel like there is always sickness in out home during the school year and I only have 1 kids in school. This year I'll have 2. I'm scared.