Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
Friday, November 30, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Here is Washington Post's Mensa Invitational,which once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxication : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly. (I don't much care for this one. )
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.) : Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half aworm in the fruit you're eating.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL
We have so much to be thankful and blessed for.
It's impossible to list them all.
The very air we breath is something to be thankful for
Living in a country where we can still openly worship our Savior
The list at my house would go on for miles!
Hopefully next week, after those pesky finger prints come back, we'll be a little closer to being thankful for one more blessing. A date or at least a pretend date, till it changes, for an adoption signing!
Hope everyone had a Great Day, and remembered at least a few of the things there are to be thankful for in this journey we call living!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I think I have good news, but I'm not sure? Only with DFACS/adoption is this quandry understood!
Big G boy's social worker came over last night and said the only thing holding up the adoption was the finger prints from the forgotten 18 yr old in our house. But those are to be done by "LIVE SCAN" and relativly new piece of techie stuff, and runs your finger prints in "real time" thru all the FBI files. supposedly takes about 15-30 minutes to get the results instead of the usual 6-10 WEEKS, if they are not behind schedule. (it took 5 months for them to come back for our foster care clearance!) So she was saying IF the finger prints come back AND results get emailed to her that day, and IF she can submit them with our already put together packet the following day, MAYBE the adoption papers can be signed before the end of November. BUT OF COURSE there are all those pesky holidays in there to contend with. Oh, like Thurs and Friday is a holiday for DFACS, but she's put in to be off Wed before thanksgiving and the following MONDAY! Soooo, if the moon and stars alighn perfectly, no glitch in the paper work and GOD comes down and MAKES THEM sign them, it might just happen!
I told her to play up the fact that November is National Adoption month, and wouldn't it be SO COOL, if they could brag on how many adoption this county got done in November! Since they have about 9 coming up in the next couple of weeks, let make it 10!
But keep us in your prayers. this is mentally taxing . and we haven't even had to worry about birth parent visits, ect, ect, since he was abandoned with no father they could find. All in all we've had a pretty easy time in that dept. but we just want it over. So no one can tell us what we can and can't do with our son.
I promise when this is over, I'm going to post the biggest picture ever on here, and you will fall in love with this boy, he's so cute you could just pinch his chubby checks, which I do!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
My cell phone rang at an odd time last night. But I'm glad I answered it. I'll probably never have another conversation like it......
Male Daddy type caller: Yes, is this Lauren's mother? (tone implys, if you are, I got something to tell you)
Me: No, I'm sorry, you.....
a Daddy: How about Amy?
Me: Let's make this easy, I am Nicole's mother, Sarah's mother, Mika's mother, and soon to The big G boy's mother.
a Daddy: OH, Terribly sorry, I have the wrong mother.
My first thought when I got off the phone was,"wow, how did I get that many kids?"
Second thought: MIIIIKKKKAAA, do you know a Lauren or a Amy?
Saturday, November 10, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST MEN I'VE EVER KNOWN! Men of great honor,courage,pride, integrity & love. I've never known a real Marine who didn't have all of these traits & more.
I've never been so proud as to walk beside my husband when colors were called on base, to see him stop, face Colors and salute. And to this day watch our grown daughters stop and look for a flag when they hear taps. They learned it from the best.
HERE'S A SECRET,just between you and me.
I ONLY MARRIED MY HUSBAND BECAUSE HE LOOKed SO GORGEOUS IN HIS MARINE DRESS BLUES. There is nothing better, greater, wonderful, gorgeous, SEXY, proud than a Marine in his dress blue uniform. Of course I've stayed for nearly 20 years for different reasons! But that uniform started it all. kinda. It was really cammies, but that's a different story :)
Friday, November 09, 2007
I stole this from MEEK THE JERKS AND ME. I don't think she will mind me sharing tho.
and as the wife of a Marine for 18 years, I can tell you ,MAIL lifts spirits more than anything (other than coming home) Give it a try, I did, it's FREE too!